[ SHOWGSD-L ] Not as things stand

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 19:30:30 EDT

In a message dated 8/12/05 8:24:11 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tykemail@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Can  those who object to KC's attitude stage a "stockholders'  revolt"?

Sure, if you have stock in the AKC, you can hold a stockholder's meeting  and
raise hell. If you own over 1/3 you can ask to disband the organization. As
far as I know, no one owns stock in the AKC other than the people that own
it.  I believe it is a privately held corporation.

The AKC is currently a private organization, and they get to make the  rules.
 They can do what they want, so long as they don't violate any state  or
federal laws. If they want to run the organization in a way we don't like, we
don't have to support them.

We can form our own dog club and hold our own shows, register our own dogs,
and give our own points.  Some clubs and some breeds are doing just  that.

For me, I still like the advantages of the AKC. They seem like a nice  enough
organization, and they leave me alone most of the time. I never hear of  them
saying bad things about me, and I seldom get phone calls from them,
demanding I do something.  I haven't noticed the AKC trying to take away  any
of my
constitutional rights, but they do have their rules, and I can ignore  them, if
I don't want to be playing in their sand box I don't have to.

It is the Golden Rule. Those who have the gold, make the rules.

I may not agree, but they didn't ask me if I agree.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together