[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Disturbing news : just a skeptic at heart I guess

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:18:12 -0700 (PDT)

HI All, please understand that I am not impuning Nancy's character as she is a
wonderful person.  Nor am I trying to say that dogs can't break out of (or
into) crates.  There were just a few things about the report that caused me to
raise some red flags and question it...that's all.  It was just one of those
reports that seem so unimaginable and horrific to me I guess.  So, I just
wanted to save a little space on da list by saying that we don't need a hundred
stories of how dogs have broken through crates..OK?  I believe ya... :-)
Cynthia
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 8/12/2005 2:39:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
vande001@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I could see how a dog could get out of its crate, especially those cheap
ones you are talking about, but I am having a hard time envisioning how a dog
could 'break-into' a crate, much less five of them. I would certainly like
more information about this, especailly since I also have birds.

Hah! I could NEVER put Cody in a vari-kennel (the real ones, not the
walmart kind). He pulls the doors inward until they bend far enough in that the
clasp flys off, the top and bottom don't hold and he simply removes the
doors...I can't tell you how many welds he's broken on metal crates and
yes...he
will liberate others, he can unlock French doors, open Mason runs etc., because
God knows, there are no crates in Cody's world and he really hates closed
doors too. It's not separation anxiety and he's not the least bit nervous when
he does this...he calmly and methodically figures out the hardware. (Cody
rides in a custom made "box", and no, he doesn't fly.)

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd Dogs_

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

http://mail.yahoo.com