[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My opinion and only my opinion

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:37:37 -0400

    Evan is absolutely correct in what he says.  This is NOT a big
corporation that exists to make money...frankly, if it were the
Directors would be held accountable for what they did.  We have not held
them accountable...only criticized them, as is our right.  It's even the
right of non-members, if they choose to do so, because this is the
United States of America...if anyone is unhappy, that person has every
right to  complain...regardless of whether those complaints will bring
results.
    I DID hear that four of the Directors voted NOT to have a secret
meeting, but they were outvoted.

   As for threats, one threat alone would have been enough for me and
should have been for ANY member of this club...Director or not. If
anything, even the hint of a single threat should have strengthened the
resolve of the entire Board to do the right thing...the thing that
should have been done in January.  That is to say NO...loudly and clearly.

 Can you imagine the kind of person who would make threats about a damn
dog club?   At this point it doesn't even matter who made the
threats...if they were made by the applicant (I can't bring myself to
name that creature), he should be arrested, or at least charged with
something.. and if they were made by other Board Members, those Members
should be forced to resign immediately.   It's a dog club, for pity's
sake...not a matter of life and death!  If it has reached those
proportions now, then I suspect there are a lot of people in the GSDCA
who will have to reconsider their memberships, because it isn't life and
death for too many people.  I hope not, anyway!

    This sounds more and more like the Ku Klux Klan--meetings conducted
in secret, threats levied, and people intimidated...how disgusting is that?

    I thought that now that the matter of the applicant had been dealt
with, we should move on.  Obviously we can't, because of the manner in
which this was handled.  To think that people in a dog club would allow
themselves to be intimidated, no matter by whom, is really presenting a
new picture.  Bullies and bullied...
that's the way it plays for me now.

       One serious matter that should have been attended to was
not...the repercussions of that remain to be seen.  Just another example
of gutless wonder(s)... or spineless individual(s), take your choice of
terms.  We already knew that people in certain positions were using
those positions to get judging assignments, trade wins, or just to
become famous...maybe there should be some new qualifications for people
to run for the board...not just someone who wants to be there.  Maybe
it's a good thing that the year to date has caused some of them some
discomfort...maybe the discomfort was necessary, so people who are
thinking of running for the Board will realize that there's more to
being a Director than just being a big shot.  As for those of us who
voted for and elected some of these people, next time we'd better do a
bit more investigating and not let it be just a popularity contest.  If
guts are going to be called for, then we'd better elect Directors who
have them, as well as some who can follow the Policies and Procedures
Manual.  (I'm not attacking all of the Directors...just a few..and if
they see this post, they'll know who they are.)  And there is nothing
wrong with THAT, either!
Peggy