[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Junior Handlers "Association"

  • From: PlushPuppyOhio <plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MissJrHandlerGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:43:36 -0700 (PDT)

Not an offical AKC committee.... just a "group" of willing volunteers under the
GSDCA.  A group that could collect information on Juniors, help them get
information they need on specialty shows providing junior showmanship classes,
connect juniors with handlers at shows,  try to find some way to help raise
money be it through 50/50 or something to provide resources (luncheon) or
something at the National and/or futurities for juniors to get together and
learn/collaborate ideas.

Something to give them the foundation they need to move forward in becoming
active in our breed.... whatever that need may be.

HandlerGSD@xxxxxxx wrote:
I heard about that last year, its not going to happen. The AKC isn't going to
put any money towards the program or a club for jrs only. I'm in a board thing
thats all juniors and we debated about it for a while. There was a petition
going around for  a while, but thats were it stopped. Its sounds soooo cool,
too bad it probably will never happen.

<3 Melissa Chavez <3
(AKA Miss Jr. Handler)

http://mail.yahoo.com