[ SHOWGSD-L ] Is not the message, is the delivery

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: mrstitanium@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:06:07 EDT

I just read your post for the first time. This was a heated topic just  weeks
ago.  I think your presentation may have people wondering how to  answer.
You came across rather harsh.  It's nothing to do with your  name,  your post
is
not even signed, do I call you Mrs Titanium?  Just  an observation.

Personally, I have a problem with the directors of both groups (GSDCA and
WDA) working as directors on both boards, back and forth. I was open about this

before and now.  I think is inappropriate.  Flip side?  I don't  see many
people jumping in to take on these positions.
Lots of complaining, but no solutions or volunteers.

Is not personal, I like Ken Downing and think he can fix many things, his
sense of management is that good.  And I have a great deal of  admiration for
Dorothy Linn.
I know Russ Osburn and David Landau are very qualified to deal with working
dogs and working dog issues.  I don't know Wayne Davis, but I have  heard
people say he is working his way to the top of the GSDCA to turn this club
(the
GSDCA) into his working club.  If that is true, and he expressed  that openly,
I have a problem with that.  I have a problem with many things  about this
issue.  But I can't come up with good enough suggestions or  solutions without
looking like I am out to get someone.  That's not my  intention.....so I keep
my
eyes and ears open hoping that more people will get  involved, because I sure
as hell can't fix it alone, and right at this point my  schedule is full.
Which is probably why I missed your first  post.

Another observation made before is that we are falling into the trap of
moving away from the Old Guard to the New Guard.  I agree an argument could  be
made here, if you see how many key positions one person is holding not  only
within one club, but now in both clubs.  But is it because they are  greedy and
power hungry or because no one else is running?  Do we seriously  have such a
shortage of qualified people that the same ones keep on running, or  are these
people trying to control both clubs?  I think those are the hard  questions
nobody wants to deal with and answer.

However, going back to your post, Board members do not have to have title a
dog on a certain venue to know about how to run a club, and they don't get
paid. Directors and managers, if they are good, can find the right people  to
delegate the jobs to.  I am just not
convinced yet that the same people over and over are the only qualified
ones.

Now, good day to you all.  I am off to move my youngest child into her  dorm.

Empty nest is seriously under rated.

Ileana

In a message dated 8/11/2005 6:50:56 mrstitanium@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I only  got 3 responses to my post.
I guess my name is not important enough for  people to read what I send.
No wonder the club is in  trouble.
sally@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Running unopposed:
Pres:- Ken  Downing
V. Pres- David Landau
Directors- ( 2 years) Running unopposed
Region 1- Debbie Hokkanen ( also she is a training director) How can you
direct something you never did?
Region 2-Wayne Davis. Isn't he running for  the GSDCA Board also?
Region 3 Miriam Barkus
Region 4- La Mar  Frederick ( I believe he is also a training Director) Same
question!
Region 5 Joe Barry
Region 6- Russ Osburn
Region 7 Don Haseman
Region 8- Dorothy Linn-Has SCHh dogs?
Region 9- Tom Mesdag- Isn't he  on the GSDCA Board also? Does he get paid
twice?