[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: In Twenty Minutes

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:02:48 -0500

Avenue of the Americas?  OH - you mean Sixth Avenue!!!  We native New
Yawkahs don't know what the Avenue of the Americas is...but we know
Sixth Avenue!
    I guess everybody needs to go to Rockefeller Center, and places like
that...those are still enjoyable.  I have heard that Steakhouse Row no
longer is ... I know when they closed Danny's Hideaway I wanted to
cry...that was one of my all time favorite places.  For the food, of
course, but also because it had been such a great place...there was
never a time I was in there that there wasn't a celebrity of some kind
there, too, and no fuss was ever made about anyone.  When I worked at
Conde Nast we had lunch at Danny's at least once a week...
and somehow I usually wound up there for dinner at least one night of
every weekend, too.
    There are other great restaurants in the City.......many owned by
gangsters, of course, and those are the best ones!  Any kind of ethnic
food you can think of, there is somewhere to go to get it; and the
shopping, ohhhhhhhh, the shopping..........be still my heart!
    But the dog show?  Blahhh-hh
Peggy