[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I HATE SNOW

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORSuite@xxxxxxx, DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:28:34 -0800 (PST)

As an ex-northerner, I can say that snow, no matter how much falls, no matter
how long it takes the bleeping plow to get to YOUR street or much long it take
YOU to clear your drive, snow rarely takes out entire towns or destorys houses.

  I wonder about this living in hurricane country during hurricane season,
which, BTW is getting longer, Epsolon is still out there, though no threat to
anyone.

  I cannot stand being cold anymore, my health won't take it, I can't stand dry
indoor air either.  But I must admit I feel safer in a snow storm, drivers not
withstanding, than I do during a hurricane.  I never got he feeling my house
could come down around me when the wind was blowing at 60mpg with snow.  But at
60 mph here, I feel the windows shake.  At catigory 2 the whole house shakes,
and this house is very well built, it withstood Andrew, till the roof blew off,
but that gave the previous owners the opportunity to fix design problems the
house had when it was built.

  I love the warm weather, even the extreme heat which is still no where near
as hot as DC has gotten during the height of summer.

  One day I will be a classic snow bird, DC in the summer, Miami in the winter,
safe, warm, no hurricanes, no blizzards, my dream...........
  Sheila
ORSuite@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 12/4/2005 6:31:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx writes:
Have you all noticed that the only people that hate snow, live up North?
We, Southerners, love snow. We love snow because we see it so infrequently
and
when it finally comes our way, it only lasts for a couple of days and it is
gone !!! Snow is a Happening in the South !!!!

THAT is precisely WHY we hate the snow! Oh yeah! it is pretty for the
first few minutes. THEN it is reality check! Shoveling, icy roads, breaking
backs, maneuvering around in it. When folks who aren't used to it, though, love
it but they don't know HOW to drive in it! We northerners stay out of their
way! I suppose we would love it, too, if we didn't have it for a good part
of the year and only once in a while. I've been in the southwest at
Christmas and let me tell you, I did NOT miss putting on boots, heavy coats and
trudging through cold and snow, cleaning off cars, sidewalks and driveways and
spending hours thawing out. Nope! Didn't miss it ONE IOTA! Snow is pretty in
pictures and covers a multitude of sins!
Ok. I'm a scrooge when it comes to this stuff!

Chris K

"Do Right and Fear No One" --from the Stephanitz Family Crest

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

 Yahoo! Personals