[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hip question

  • From: "Harlowe Jahelka" <hcj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 10:03:19 -0600

The big problem and I mean BIG  PROBLEM is ,when hips show up bad at a vets
office, the breeders are not sending those x-rays to OFA. This creates a
false positive in statistical data!!!!!! If they only get the ones the local
vets think will pass, it looks like we are improving our breed.... maybe we
are.

I had a rather well known breeder who after she was advised that the show
quality bitch with guarantied hips that she had sold us was dysplastic say "
breed her to my dog "so and so" and that will take care of the problem for
her puppies!We did not follow her advise and had the bitch spayed.
OFA is good but could be better if everyone would play the game right.

Harlowe Jahelka
Belleterre GSDs and Brussels Griffons
Monterey, TN