[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Handlers that Bounce Checks

  • From: "Cyndy Davis" <cyndyinseattle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsdramey@xxxxxxx, Shepherds4us@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:28:52 -0700

Norma,
I disagree.  She's asking advice on what to do in this situationand has been
very careful to protect this person's identity. I have no problem with her
asking for advice -that's what the list is for - thank goodness!

I've been show chair or secretary a number of times and have had to deal
with bad checks from handlers and exhibitors, even those entering without
paying, then not showing up at the show.

There was even a short list of those we would only take cash or cashier's
check/money orders from.

It is something that occurs often enough I believe to be a concern. Most dog
clubs don't have much money, and the fees the banks charge, the hassle of
going back and forth with the person writing the bad check, etc. That $44
check can in the end cost the club $100.

Cyndy Davis
www.texasdogs.com
Callian German Shepherds

>From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>

>$44.50 --- in this day and age --- Well now --- why should something like
>THIS be
>posted to Da List, may I ask?    I've never had any kind of problem in my
>many years
>dealing with a variety of Handlers, to do any baaad actions - Seriously,
>plus, I thought
>WE Exhibitors & Breeders should PAY them??  >
>To all Regional Clubs....
>         How have you dealt with  handlers that bounce a check on your
>club,
>and say they will pay? I have one  outstanding since the beginning of
>February.

Download Messenger. Join the i?m Initiative. Help make a difference today.