[ SHOWGSD-L ] Handlers

  • From: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:22:21 EDT

I used to handle a number of breeds but not on the road continuously like
some.

It was never my main income. I paid more for my Motor Home than I did my
house.

Whether it is an RV or Truck/Van you add more expense for payments, tires,
and general up keep and more insurance.

That is not why I quit handling and went to judging.

My knees and back just couldn't take the loading and unloading of crates,  ex
pen's, tables, chairs (that there was never time to sit in) tack boxes, and
all the rest of the equipment.

I watched other handlers and how they took care of their dogs and how they
were presented in the ring.

I saw handlers that did a great job in the ring but took very little time  if
any grooming, much less exercising the dogs.
   Others that groomed to perfection but had no rapport what so  ever with
the dog.
A good handler is worth every penny. I don't mean the ones that send the  dog
in the ring with their assistant's until they can rack the bill up to $5000
before they ever take the dog in the ring themselves, but the ones that are
doing their best to win with each dog they contract for.   Judi

Home.