[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: PUPPY BUYERS non Sellers

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:03:51 EST

message dated 12/18/2005 1:21:35  P.M. Central Standard Time,
utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

There  has to be trust both
ways.  A breeder can send you a  different pup than you saw in the video
or picture and you'd never  know.

Years ago,I sold a puppy to Steve  Whitman in Suiet St. Marie,  Michigan,
from San Antonio, Tx.  Steve had to travel several  hundred  miles to Detroit
pick up the puppy.  I arranged for my  son, who was about 22 or 23, to ship
the puppy for me when I was at  work.
That evening I got home and discovered, Oh No, he shipped the wrong  puppy.
Trying explaining that to a puppy buyer.  I know he thought I was  nuts.
Fortunately a friend was traveling to a futurity in the area the  next month.
She took the correct puppy to Steve.
I told him he could look at both puppies together and choose which every
puppy he wanted to keep.  HE kept the correct one.  She is the  grandmother of
his new  champion                   This experience formed the basis for a long
distance friendship that has  endure for many years.  I expect he still thinks
I am nuts.
Carol Moore