[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fun Christmas Question

  • From: "DOUG & PATTI CROSS" <chstormdog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:16:01 -0500

At first I thought without Storm there would not be Christmas fun; but Jake
& Dana just enjoy it way toooo much! This year I found tiny rawhide "candy
canes" in the dollar store. Well, I brought them home and decided to hang
them on the tree. Boy, were those noses kicked into high gear. Jake ever so
gently reaches up and takes one off without making a single branch or
ornament move. He then lays next to the tree to eat it. They have their
presents wrapped and under the tree and always enjoy opening them with us.
Storm always enjoyed pulling the gift wrap off his own presents then
carrying them off to play with. I can't imagine not having their big furry
faces under foot while trying to open gifts. They even get presents from the
neighbors. One neighbor makes them new Christmas bandanas every year. Jake
likes to put on his "antlers" and pretend he's Rudolph's helper. He is such
a clown.

They will get a special Christmas eve dinner along with a treat on Christmas
day.

I want to thank everyone again for all there lovely notes and messages sent
on Storms passing. He is truly spending Christmas with the angels. Rest in
Peace my "angel boy".

Patti