[ SHOWGSD-L ] ENOUGH/ breeding, OFA,, showing, etc.

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <crudolf@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:40:40 -0800

Original Message-From:"Christiane Rudolf" <crudolf@xxxxxxx>Subject: breeding,
OFA,showing, etc.

> When I place puppies, I do my best to ensure that the home they are going to
> is a
> good one.
 Stuff happens no matter how much you do to assure the health of your dogs.
But I
feel that
what I do has built me a good reputation, and people come back to me for
puppies.>
> No matter how many generations of OFA, good temperament, champions, etc. you
 are bound to run into "sh....." if you breed long enough.
AND THIS SAYS IT ALL!!!   Great post Christiane.
To all those who keep preaching to the choir......even the best Breeders will
have a
pup
or dog with a problem at times.   How they handle that, and how they make their
decisions to breed is just the BEGINNING of all a Breeder goes through with
their
litter.
During our long conversations MOST of our pet homes tell us right up front that
they
probably won't even send the AKC papers in as they just want a marvelous pet
and will
have it spayed or neutered and they're on an AKC Limited Reg. anyway.   I
personally
have no problem with that.   If it "skews"  the numbers .......well I really
don't
care.
I DO care about the homes and the pups and the end result of both.
While we appreciate input and ideas......For those of you that have all these
"rules"
that you think you should be able to legislate to  Breeders......I believe you
SHOULD
do that, and abide by ALL of them for YOU!    Let me make my own tough choices.
Many of them are tough enough.
You might be surprised and discover that our 'rules to abide by'  are even
tougher
than yours!!!    Any good Breeder sweats and worries over every breeding, every
litter,
every puppy, every Vet check,  every X Ray,  and every buyer home, and every
show
puppy home, and the end results of the promises of that puppy.......we beat
ourselves
up enough........we don't need more.    Take the log out of your own

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com