[ SHOWGSD-L ] breeding, OFA,, showing, etc.

  • From: Christiane Rudolf <crudolf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 9:42:33 -0500

This is just my opinion , and I know some of you may disagree, but here goes:

I breed, show and love my GSDs, and have been at this for the past twelve or so
years.  Most of my breeding stock is OFA certified either good or excellent,
some were fair.  I love showing my dogs and do so on a fairly regular basis and
will continue until I can't or don't have the money to do so.

When I place puppies, I do my best to ensure that the home they are going to is
a good one.  I always take a dog back, no matter what the age, if anything does
not work out.  I guarantee hips and elbows, but have been known to replace dogs
for other health issues as well, even when I did not have to.  Stuff happens no
matter how much you do to assure the health of your dogs.  But I feel that what
I do has built me a good reputation, and people come back to me for puppies.

No matter how many generations of OFA, good temperament, champions, etc. you
are bound to run into "sh....." if you breed long enough.

We breed because we enjoy showing and want to produce that never reachable goal
of the "perfect dog".  Most of our puppies go into pet/companion homes, and
there is nothing wrong with that.  Our dogs are beautiful, have sound
temperaments, and people love showing them off.  I have dozens of pictures,
letters, etc. from puppy owners to prove that.

Breeding sound dogs takes time, patience, love, and lots of money, none of
which is ever returned, except for the love of the dogs.

Rambled on long enough.

Christiane Rudolf, Tanglewood Farm, AKC/CKC  OFA Champion German Shepherds,
Alpacas, and a working/show Anatolian Shepherd

Christiane Rudolf, Tanglewood Farm, German Shepherds, Alpacas and an Anatolian
Shepherd