[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dallas and sons

  • From: lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:24:25 +0000 (UTC)

Mike

 I agree that some very nice bitches were bred to Dallas. We had some
problems in our breed; lack of bone and substance, over all soundness mentally
and physically.  Dallas was able to balance this out.  The owners were smart
enough to go out and find the right bitches.  More power to them! What is
lacking in some posts is recognizing the fact that the dog obviously passed on
some great genetic traits through his sons/grandsons.  You can't deny this
when you go to highly competitive shows and see the winners.

Successful breeders also know they need to go into another gene pool to build
on the good.  I agree with you 100%.  We certainly have some lovely animals
out there from the Dallas lines to build a future on.  Hopefully, the over all
soundness will stick from the progeny and and hopefully breeders will take
the progeny and utilize other lines.  One only needs to look at our recent
publication of ROM's stud dogs in the review to see a trend.

What I object to is some hurtful bashing and the lack of respect for our fellow
dog friends and neighbors.

Respectfully and no bomb threats - lol

Linda

Mike writes:

I guess we can continue on, and push these issues or discussions back into the
shadows and not allow them to see the light of day, I for one feel it is just
this type of levity that is needed to help us move forward as a  breed.
Certainly we can learn from the SV in this regard, If we can not get our
problems out in the open under the scrutiny of our own community - we will fail
to others who will, and we will be relegated to those very same shadows where
we belong.

I stand by my earlier comments Dallas was breed to some fantastic bitches...
the results speak for themselves(both good and bad).  Who will the next great
dog be, I guess we wait for the passing of the torch and apply the formula
again, and again

Let me know when you all are willing to have an HONEST and OPEN discussion and
let it all hang out.

Rumor has it a hit was put out on me, for speaking my mind and putting pen to
paper where many wouldn't dare to go but secretly agree.

Gotta go build a bomb shelter,

cya.