[ SHOWGSD-L ] Canidates & Issues

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:39:34 -0700

Canidates & Issues

Evan posts...

My opinion on the New Illustrated Standard is that it is a noble and good
idea, and is headed in the right direction. Since I have not seen the
finished  product, I would not support it in the current condition it has
been  given.

Paul opines...

While I agree with Evan here, I am disappointed that so much dust was
generated in the discussion that now the proposal has been withdrawn.

I feel the input generated by Fred and Bill Gish was only the beginning in a
postive direction. As I posted earlier, I couldn't really give a yea or a
nay as there were too many illustrations to be replaced to give you a
complete picture. I had hoped they could have taken Orrie's orginal and
update it to current standards. The IS has always been a good tool for
newbies as well as Judges. I always would include a copy with every puppy
that went home...show or no.

It bothers me we cannot approach a subject without the objectivity it takes
to do good work. Naysayers are miles apart from those with genuine concern
and input. There are some on "Da List" that cannot take a positive tone on
any situation. That kind of heated rhetoric does not lead to good solutions
or people working together to come up with those good solutions.  The "Black
Helicopter" crowd will complicate...not alleviate efforts to solve problems.

I am sure most of you know I am running for the Board with my main issues
related to the ARO's and defeating the likes of PAWS and BSL. We need to
organize the fancy and I believe we can organize and educate them through
the efforts of the PClub and your Board. I bring some pretty good knowledge
and expertise in that area but I also feel over 25 years experience in
breeding, judging, and participation in other venues like herding will be
beneficial as well. I am a passionate subscriber to the KISS method to
accomplish an end. Keep It Simple Stupid has always worked very well on even
the most complicated of subjects. Heated rhetoric is a detractor of such a
theory.

If we can utilize KISS when approaching and dealing with the problems that
concern the breed and the fancy we are likely to solve these problems to a
satisfactory conclusion. One person cannot solve them by his or herself but
a Board working for and in unison with the membership can.

Paul