[ SHOWGSD-L ] Blame JUDGE/ Handler

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx>, <tykemail@xxxxxxxxx>, <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <TCYPRESS@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:24:14 -0700

The onus is always on the Judge.    The exhibitor pays to enter under them and
then
pays a handler to make their dog look their absolute BEST!   The Handlers job
for
their
pay is to make the dog look its best.   We are all spending a lot of time and
money
to show under a Judge.   We expect them to judge by the standard and not be
fooled.
The judge has accepted the assignment to judge according to the Standard.   IF
they
are fooled by a handler with a bad dog..........shame on them.  The handler has
done
a good job if they have taken a mediocre or a  bad dog under a judge and made
them look good.  They are earning their pay.   Who is wrong...handler...or
Judge??
We have all seen "genius" handlers that will do anything from letting the Judge
know
who the owner is, to hiding temperament or serious problems with backlines or
side gait or even applying pressure to the Judge.  It's their job so to speak.
It's the Judge's job to KNOW BETTER!!
They accepted that responsibility when they accepted the license and assignment.
If the handler can't fool the Judge....they will respect them and bring a good
dog!!!

It's the Judges's  choice......

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com