[ SHOWGSD-L ] upcoming judge

  • From: pruett@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:22:51 +0000

>I know Ms Linda Robey is very interested in German Shepherds and attended
>the judges seminar at the National in St. Louis.  There are also alot of
>all-breed handlers around here, maybe they had some pull.  It is nice to see
>some new faces judging instead of the same ones weekend after weekend.
>
>Ariel
>I really don't think THAT  type of new face is what the breed needs! Now do
>you?
J>udy
>Laramie German Shepherds

For the record, I do not belong to the GSDC of Central Mass and I had nothing to
do with chosing Linda Robey to judge their specialty.  However, I was glad   to
see her listed as the judge as I have a couple of animals that I think she
would like.  I think she has a decent eye, based on what I've seen her do in
the past.  I wasn't in Florida - didn't see what happened there.  But, I do
think it is a shame that this club's entries will be negatively affected
because of a thread on this list.  Believe me, I could have slammed some of our
GSD breeder judges for blatant politics in their judging decisions, but I
haven't, because it isn't the right thing to do.  I think that Ms Robey will
give a fair look to anyone who shows to her and, God willing, I'll be there to
support the entry.

Many of our judges, all-breed and specialty, give deference to well-known
handlers - and one handler more than others seems often to benefit from that
deference.  I do think that all professional handlers rely upon their pull with
judges - at one time or another.   I don't know why this poor lady has to be
singled out cause there are lots of others out there.  And if we (owners)
didn't think that professionals give us a edge with judges, then we wouldn't be
hiring them, would we?

Let's cut the GSDC of Central Mass a break...

JMO,

Laurie