[ SHOWGSD-L ] Positive and Negative - NIS

  • From: Margery Golant <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:24:59 -0400

There are many issues, details and concerns relating to what to do about the
New Illustrated Standard in the current context.  We Board members do want to
hear from as many GSDCA members as want to be heard regarding your thoughts and
feelings, and undoubtedly all will seriously consider your input.  All of us
will receive your emails if you send them to board@xxxxxxxxx - please let us
know your thoughts, and thanks to those of you who have provided us with your
thoughts so far.

Please, when you post on the List, privately or directly to the Baord, bear in
mind that all of those who worked on this project worked very hard, contributed
huge amounts of their time over a very long period of time, and did so  with
the best of motives - to contribute their effort to a project which they
intended would be in the best interest of the GSDCA and of the German Shepherd
Dog.  Please keep this in mind when you express your thoughts.  You may agree
or disagree with what was produced, agree or disagree regarding what effect, if
any, this should have.  None of these people deserve to be attacked or trashed,
and even if the Board votes not to adopt the NIS, those who did the heavy
lifting on this project deserve our thanks for their extremely hard work and
dedication.

It is much easier to criticize what others do than to offer constructive
suggestions as to what to do differently, what to do instead, whether to do
something else, whether to do nothing.  That is true of this issue, and of all
the issues which the GSDCA faces.  Please do provide your input, but please
keep in mind that what makes the discussion most valuable and most constructive
is the brainstorming.  Please try to be constructive and please try to be
tactful.  There is no reason to trample on the feelings or the efforts of those
who have tried to provide a benefit to the fancy.  Whether you agree or
disagree with what they did, they deserve our thanks for their efforts.

Margery Golant
Board Member / Recording Secretary - GSDCA

From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2005/08/16 Tue PM 03:13:50 EDT
To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Response from Board

According to the private emails I've just received...the current artist is not
charging anything AND our artist members were contacted first but turned down
the request to illustrate the standard as no money was involved.  Thank you
Board Members for clearing up my questions.
Helen Franklin