[ SHOWGSD-L ] Another Purebred Pregnant GSD-Need Help

  • From: SARAVAGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 15:58:46 -0500 (EST)

Weeping Willow got this plea for help from someone who answered a  Craig's
List Ad and felt this dog needed to go into rescue.  Joe  Maringo, a WW
Director, just whelped a litter of border collie mixes so  his whelping room is
full.

I talked to Debra DeLong about this dog; she is the one who contacted  us
after she inquired about the Craig's List Ad.  The woman who  owns the bitch
wanted money for Christmas for her daughter and she  wanted to sell the dog
for the money.  Well, Debra called her since she  posted her on Craig's List
for $100.  She said the woman has apparently  decided to give her up if she
can get her into rescue.  She is 2-1/2 years  old and this is her SECOND
litter.  Now what really concerns me other than  we have no place for her at
this time is that she is VERY close to  delivering....she thought she was 2
months along which means she could deliver  shortly.  Debra and I were
brainstorming and she is going to try to find  someone near her (the dog is in
Marion OH) who could whelp the litter but I  don't want to count on that
either.  Most people wouldn't because of the  thoughts of being stuck with the
medical, food, etc. of a pregnant dog and  puppies.  I told her that IF she
could find a person that  knows about whelping a litter and we check the person
out quickly, Weeping  Willow would cover the expenses AND placing the momma
and puppies when the time  came...this would be spay, shots, food, etc.

I can't believe this is the 2nd intentional GSD breeding in the last 6
months that we have been contacted about and Joe's whelping room is full  :-(

This is an unwanted purebred GSD bred to a purebred GSD.  We need  to help
somehow and this is the only way I can think of unless this  wonderful list
has any suggestions.  I am concerned about  travel for her since she is
close to delivery.  I believe Marion OH is  near Columbus but I'm not sure.  I
will be talking to Debra this evening  and she is going to try to send a text
picture of both dogs to Vicki's cell  phone.  Any and all suggestions are
welcome.  The owner says she won't  take her to a pound but I don't trust
that not to happen.

Pat Lukos _www.saravagsd.com_ (http://www.saravagsd.com/)
Weeping Willow 2nd  Chance German Shepherd Sanctuary
_http://weepingwillowgsdsanctuary.com/_
(http://weepingwillowgsdsanctuary.com/)