[shell-coding] Re: Vista System tray implementation

  • From: ilmcuts <ilmcuts@xxxxxxx>
  • To: shell-coding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:54:55 +0100

Shaun Barlow wrote:
Message with dwData = 0 (generate by SHAppBarMessage) are not
required, but should be handled to allow proper positioning of the
interfaces for the new vista icons. The minimum needed for correct
positioning is to handle ABM_GETTASKBARPOS and to have the returned
rectangle and edge correspond to the location of the interface
containing the tray.

What's significant here is that ABM_GETTASKBARPOS isn't documented to set uEdge, but that Explorer does indeed set it. And the volume control slider depends on that. Our code didn't set it, which wasn't trivial to debug. (It still doesn't, but I'm onto it.)

-ilmcuts