[SeniorTech] Re: Stopping telemarketing calls

  • From: Avis Breding <ajbreding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seniortech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 23:49:13 -0600

Ginny,  my do not call doesn't work all the time either, and sometimes I think
when they start the robo calls it automatically just dials the next number all
by itself so maybe the do not call list doesn't work in that case.????

If I am home and my caller ID tells me it is someone I don't know,  and if
there is a message I push "talk"  and in the next second push "off".    One of
the charities has been calling, and the last two times I did it I haven't heard
from them since.   Probably wouldn't work all the time.

We can't afford to give a donation to every organization so some of them go
into the shredder the minute they come.    Do they have to buy a non profit
license is their mailing  out to every one totally free?    And here is another
thought  I get letters from different organizations but the address to return
the money is usually another state.   So I check our local listings and donate
to the local one instead.    With the diabetes association I sponsor a child
taking the class every year and I have pre-diabetes.    I do believe in our Red
Cross as well locally so will support them as well.

The latest one hitting ND is the call saying our "credit card" has been
compromised and they would like to have our CC Number!!
First off we have been told never to give it over the phone or on line as well.
   In fact you get to the point where you don't want to use it in some places
at all.    The latest is I emailed one of the magazines and told them I didn't
want to pay for it on line,  and they said fine, we will send you a bill in the
mail.      So what is next I begin to wonder!

   and now... here in ND it is bed time!

Sleep well and have a good night!

Avis
"Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others."

- Jonathan Swift

provided as a service to computer-using
senior citizens and retirees by "SeniorTech"
(http://www.seniortech.us)

Forward this email to any computer-using seniors you know.
They can subscribe themselves by going here:
http://www.seniortech.us/listserv.htm

To unsubscribe from this listserv, go here:
http://www.seniortech.us/listserv.htm

Questions? Email Jerry Taylor at   jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx