[sanesecurity] Re: rsync Permission issues

  • From: "MxUptime.com" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 19:48:03 +0800

Steve

The -p does not make much of difference (at least in my environment). At the
end I figured that you have to set the Environment variables to
'CYGWIN=nontsec'.

On a side note, I could see how this could cause issues. If one was to
manually run the rsync without first setting the environment variables, the
permission/ownership would default to the current user. And when/if the
rsync/update task is scheduled is run under a different user there could be
issues with the updates/reloads.

Thanks
-Matt