[sanesecurity] Re: rsync Permission issues

  • From: "MxUptime.com" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:48:26 +0800

Hi

I have just noticed some problems with permissions in a win32 environment.
When manually running rsync -v -p -z -t
rsync://rsync.sanesecurity.net/sanesecurity/* /cygdrive/d/clamav/verify ,  the
local permissions are overwritten. While this might not pose a problem normally
but if you are running a separate update process in the  task scheduler using a
different user  there are potential permission issues.

Has anyone noticed similar issues? Is there a way to force the rsync not to
overwrite the local folder/file permissions?

Thanks