[sanesecurity] Re: clamd stability with new sigs

  • From: "Mxuptime.com" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:31:33 +0800

A couple of observations :

1. Could the recent crashes be somewhat related to the newer version of
ClamD because quite a number of people had to upgrade from the older
versions to accommodate the new .ldb db ?
2. With additional signatures files, more frequent "RELOAD"s are required
than previously, perhaps this has an effect on the stability of
clamd/freshclam?
3. The number of clam databases in use has increased, does this have an
impact ?
4. Has anyone use the scam.nbd solely instead of rsyncing the entire list of
dbs, does this still cause a crash? If this works, then increase the number
of databases until reaching a critical point

Cheers
-Matt