[sac-forum] Re: M106

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 18:06:20 -0400

Stan,

The fight against light pollution should have little to do with how much faint
detail can be pulled out of images.  It should have everything to do with the
average Joe or Jill looking up, and not being able to see more than 30 stars in
the sky.  It's everybody's fight, not just ours.

And regarding the great images, they would be three magnitudes greater were it
not for light pollution.

Tom