[sac-board] Towards the 2003 Budget

  • From: Paul Dickson <sac-treasurer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Board <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:11:30 -0700

In order to come up with a budget for 2003 I need to know what we've done
for 2002.  With that in mind I created this page:

        http://www.cybertrails.com/~dickson/expenditure.pdf

Some of the entries might need some explaining:

Dues under Income comes from the table in the lower left.  Those members
renewing in 2001 (for 2002) are tallied up and multiplied by $28.  Those
renewing in 2002 have their total created by my accounting program
(GnuCash) since they paid varying amounts based on pro-rating.  I did find
four people on the roster that I can't find receipts for.

Also in Income, Sales is from sales of my book "SAC's 110 Best of the
NGC", minus the wrong price from the purchase of the SkyWatch calendar (10
cents).  Gifts is money given to the club, specifically money NOT donated
to the Grants and Scholarship Fund.  This was mostly a few dollars here
and there.  Namebadges and Magazine is income from the rounding up of the
club's price versus the amount paid by the members (e.g. SAC gets 5 cents
on each Astronomy magazine renewal).

In Expenses, the first column is the amount already spent and the second
column is the amount I expect we will spend by the end of the year.
Association Dues is IDA membership.  Computer is the software that Steve
Coe is asking us to purchase.  Hosted Events still has $100 budgeted for
the Christmas Party.  Meeting Expenses covers both room rental and
honorarium (we have only the October and November meetings remaining).
Both Miscellaneous and Newsletter have reasonable guesses for the "Still
Expect" column.

We are still on the plus side of Income minus Expenses.  So far this year
I have not had to touch the savings account, although if we didn't already
have the 2003 dues coming in, the checking account would get pretty low by
year end.

        -Paul

PS:  The latest version of the SAC letterhead is available:
    http://www.cybertrails.com/~dickson/sac.02.letterhead.pdf