[sac-board] Re: Skye's graduation

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 19:48:08 -0700

Yay! Hurrah! Congratulations to Schuyler. You must be proud (and relieved).

Jack Jones
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Lunar List Awards and
Messier Marathon Co-coordinator
Phoenix AZ
spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Friends:

It is my pleasure to inform you that my son Schuyler will graduate on
Saturday, May 25th from the University of California at Berkeley with a B.S
in chemistry.  During his years at the university, Skye had many
opportunities such as biological research of the effects of oxygen on
E-coli, investigating the surfaces of gold, silver and platinum with the
inventor of the catalytic converter,  taking an astronomy course with a
supernovae hunter, teaching a course in quantum mechanics as an
undergraduate, and mentoring/tutoring with high school students in the
Berkeley area. He often enjoyed conversations with the late Dr. Glenn
Seaborg who discovered element 112.  Skye hopes to attend graduate school
where he will specialize in particle chemistry and physics.  He eventually
hopes to become a university professor engaging in teaching and research.

Dr. Peggy Kain, Chairman
Scholarships and Grants Committee