[sac-board] Skye's graduation

  • From: "Peggy Kain" <pegsi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 22:24:34 -0700

Dear Friends:

It is my pleasure to inform you that my son Schuyler will graduate on Saturday,
May 25th from the University of California at Berkeley with a B.S in chemistry.
 During his years at the university, Skye had many opportunities such as
biological research of the effects of oxygen on E-coli, investigating the
surfaces of gold, silver and platinum with the inventor of the catalytic
converter,  taking an astronomy course with a supernovae hunter, teaching a
course in quantum mechanics as an undergraduate, and mentoring/tutoring with
high school students in the Berkeley area. He often enjoyed conversations with
the late Dr. Glenn Seaborg who discovered element 112.  Skye hopes to attend
graduate school where he will specialize in particle chemistry and physics.  He
eventually hopes to become a university professor engaging in teaching and
research.

Dr. Peggy Kain, Chairman
Scholarships and Grants Committee