[sac-board] SAC's Projector and Meeting Announcements

  • From: Paul Dickson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Board <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 08:04:45 -0700

May I suggest we use the projector for meeting announcements?  This would
allow some low-priority announcements to be seen before the meeting so
they don't slow meeting.  Other announcements, like upcoming events,
while included, could be quickly brought up during the meeting.

As for low-priority announcements, they could include SAC's mailing lists
and maps to current observing sites.

We will likely have to experiment with this to see how to make this work.
Maybe moving the handouts to another table and/or do more socializing in
the hallway.  Also, someone will likely need to be somewhat knowledgeable
about Powerpoint so that separate slides can be quickly brought together,
hopefully the night before so the slide show can start 10 to 15 minutes
before the meeting.