[sac-board] Dark Meeting Room Protocol

  • From: Paul Dickson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Board <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 08:35:55 -0700

To some extent, we should educate the membership about how to cross the
projector's beam while the meeting room is dark.  Both to protect them and
the club.  This is why I chose the term protocol rather than etiquette.

    When the room is dark, please restrict movement to either towards the
      door or towards your seat.

    Do not rush, do not duck, when crossing the projector's beam.  Move
      normally.  This will increase your safety and minimize the
      distraction you cause.

I think the second is the most important, especially with cables up front
(it used to be the projectors controller, but now it's the notebook's
video cable and maybe a power cable).