[sac-board] Re: Newsletter - moving forward...

  • From: Peter Argenziano <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 22:06:01 -0700

I'm happy to hear that Rick is OK. I didn't think otherwise, but nonetheless
I'm happy there is nothing other than life
intervening.
Personally, I don't really like a quarterly newsletter. Such a publication
tends to distance itself from its audience.
It can no longer discuss events in an ongoing nature. It is relegated to
discussing events that are months out. And
reporting on events that have long ago concluded. For a club the size of SAC I
think that's not good.

Having been the editor of EVAC's newsletter for a few years, I can say that I
rarely, if ever, have to pen the content
myself. I solicit input and avail the publication to those who wish to
contribute. It works.

I won't make the next board meeting... but, you have my thoughts.

Peter