[rsc] Learning Exchange-draft 5 Counting Down to Durham!!

  • From: Ebony Golden <furiousflower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mama nia <butterflyhush@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:43:51 -0400

> *Materials*
> TV/DVD- to watch film
> speakers-to play music
> water-to drink
> paper
> pens/pencils
> markers
> BIG PAPer
> Video camera-Let's record and document

tape

> *Learning Exchange Design*
>
> Guiding Question:  *How do we support dialogue and action across
> generations?*
>
> Introduction: Shon and Ebony
> Who We Are-5 min
> What is Alternate (Shon) Roots and RSC (Ebony)-5 min
> Group Norms:  Ebony (Shon scribe) 5 min
>
>  1. *Community Circle-Shon 15 min*

What communities do we come from?  What community are we creating here?

> Think about a community you identify with from smallest to largest.  We
> will go around in a circle and each will vocalize their affiliations.  If
> some one else identifies, they will make a physical movement to symbolize
> connection.
>
> *Deepening the Work*
> Why we are here: Shon and Ebony 10 min
> What does it mean to dialogue and act across generations? Ebony (Shon
> scribe) 5 min
> Why is action and dialogue across across generations important to
> strengthening our community? Shon (Ebony scribe) 5 min
>
> Who in your community contributed to a moment of growth and awareness in
> your life? Talk about that impact?
> Activity: 10 min
> 1. Watch the youth video where they engage the same
> question.
>
> What are some of the ideas that strike you about what you just saw? 5 min
>
> 2.  *Story Circle*:  Talk about a time you were supported in your growth
> and awareness.  20 min

   Go over the rules for a story circle. Shon (Ebony scribe)

--
Ebony N. Golden, MFA, MA
Creative Director

Check out...Gumbo Yaya/or this is why we speak in tongues
"Creative Healing and Expression for Women of the Diaspora"
www.iamnotaproject.wordpress.com