[Rollei] Re: Camera support systems: Ballheads and Quick Release

  • From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rolleiusersgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:51:59 -0800

FWIW a "modern quick-release plate system that offers greater security
and flexibility with a variety of cameras and formats" will NOt have
the mauin advantage of a Rolleifix--attaching to the front pins on your
Rollei to prevent damage to the rather fragile back. You'd be well
advised to screw the Rolleifix onto a quick release plate for whatever
system you decide on.

Bob Marvin

On Friday, February 11, 2005, at 02:09  PM, samknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Hey gang,
>
> I'm considering updating my camera support system. I'll be using this
> new support system with various cameras and formats including a
> Rolleiflex 3.5F v5.
>
> I've decided on a Gitzo carbon fiber tripod for the base. And I've
> narrowed the ballhead field to a couple of options that both use an
> Arca Swiss style quick-release (QR) camera attachment system. I
> already own a Rolleifix, and it's a great thing, but I don't want to
> afix the Rolleifix permanently to the new ballhead as I would then be
> left with a dedicated TLR ballhead... and I can't afford that luxury.
> I suppose I could use the Rollefix with screw tightening only, but I
> don't wan't to run the risk of it coming loose and dumping my camera.
> So... I'm considering a modern quick-release plate system that offers
> greater security and flexibility with a variety of cameras and > formats.
>
> In particular, I'm considering purchase of a "Markins" M10 ballhead,
> and possibly a "Really Right Stuff" quick-release (QR) clamp and plate
> system. Or I may go with the "Markins" QR clamp and plate. I'm
> currently pursuing research on both QR options.
>
> Has anyone already been down this path? Any words of wisdom or
> comments are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sam Knight
> ---
> RUG
>
> - Post to rolleiusersgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> - Subscribe at rolleiusersgroup-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'
> in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface.

> 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web
> interface.
>
> - Online, searchable archives of your list are available at
> //www.freelists.org/archives/rolleiusersgroup

---