[Rollei] Camera support systems: Ballheads and Quick Release

  • From: samknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rolleiusersgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:09:50 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Hey gang,

I'm considering updating my camera support system. I'll be using this new
support system with various cameras and formats including a Rolleiflex 3.5F v5.

I've decided on a Gitzo carbon fiber tripod for the base. And I've narrowed the
ballhead field to a couple of options that both use an Arca Swiss style
quick-release (QR) camera attachment system. I already own a Rolleifix, and
it's a great thing, but I don't want to afix the Rolleifix permanently to the
new ballhead as I would then be left with a dedicated TLR ballhead... and I
can't afford that luxury. I suppose I could use the Rollefix with screw
tightening only, but I don't wan't to run the risk of it coming loose and
dumping my camera. So... I'm considering a modern quick-release plate system
that offers greater security and flexibility with a variety of cameras and
formats.

In particular, I'm considering purchase of a "Markins" M10 ballhead, and
possibly a "Really Right Stuff" quick-release (QR) clamp and plate system. Or I
may go with the "Markins" QR clamp and plate. I'm currently pursuing research
on both QR options.

Has anyone already been down this path? Any words of wisdom or comments are
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sam Knight
---
RUG

- Post to rolleiusersgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Subscribe at rolleiusersgroup-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'
in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface.

'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface.

- Online, searchable archives of your list are available at
//www.freelists.org/archives/rolleiusersgroup