[rollei_list] Re: [rolleiusers] Summary (OT: Enlargers/darkroom (again) (longish))

  • From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 06:47:58 -0500

On Dec 2, 2005, at 3:55 AM, Thor Legvold wrote:

From what I've been told (i.e. I don't know myself), he's at least as capeable as Morten (Krogvold), just that he chooses a different subject. Hmm, if I got the chance to shoot an aging Pavorotti or a beautiful young woman, which would I choose....hmmmm, that's a difficult one... ;-)

Assisting for Avendon is not something everyone get's a shot at, I would expect he must have had some quality to get the position, and probably learned a lot.

So what is controversial about beautiful nudes? Aren't we living in one of the most "sexually liberated" societys on the planet, isn't the year 2005 (soon 2006)? And people *still* get offended? I don't get it.

Neither do I. I have a lot of respect for Petter's work. Even more, I respect him for building up an incredible fan base with his books and web site. He makes a decent income from the web site without having to cross over into porn. His models are lovely, and always photographed in a respectful way. Just browse around on the net for a little while and you will see how far above the other stuff his work is.

Criag Morey is an American photographer who has done similarly well with a web site and books. www.moreystudio.com

Bob