[rollei_list] Re: [rolleiusers] Summary (OT: Enlargers/darkroom (again) (longish))

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:55:12 +0100

Damn there's a lot of prudes here....

(not referring to anyone in particular, just the population in general)

I found the photo's at the exhibition (agian, a commisioned series in B&W from Tuscana in Italy with beautiful models, but not shot "playboy" or "hustler" style, just posed in landscape and architecture, as well as more "classical" nude poses) to be very well done (much better than many on the website). The compositions were excellent, lighting very well done (he managed to not blow out the sky completely on what appeared to be several overcast days, turning it instead into a creamy light element in the background, almost part of the architecture of the scene), and the printing was really great. I was wondering on one shot how he managed to tone the background so deeply but not the model or table in the forground, which is when I asked if he was using digital... Luckily the effect was only on one print (it seemed a bit overdone).

From what I've been told (i.e. I don't know myself), he's at least as capeable as Morten (Krogvold), just that he chooses a different subject. Hmm, if I got the chance to shoot an aging Pavorotti or a beautiful young woman, which would I choose....hmmmm, that's a difficult one... ;-)

Assisting for Avendon is not something everyone get's a shot at, I would expect he must have had some quality to get the position, and probably learned a lot.

So what is controversial about beautiful nudes? Aren't we living in one of the most "sexually liberated" societys on the planet, isn't the year 2005 (soon 2006)? And people *still* get offended? I don't get it.

(nothing about your Per Einar, just people in general)

Cheers,
Thor

On 2 Dec, 2005, at 1:04, Per Einar Forberg wrote:

And he has published some photographic books, highly erotic content.
Which is why he more or less is a persona non grata of the photographic
society in Norway. He is a good photographer, but is considered to be far
to controversal.

Per Einar Forberg

--- Rollei List