[rollei_list] Re: loading the Automat

  • From: wamyers@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:05:11 -0600

Thanks to all for comments on the loading issue, and especially to Richard
for the details of testing; I will experiment this weekend (swamped at work
till then). From what I gather, the problem is not operator error, as I
know I am loading the camera properly. The arrow query was a red herring: I
saw an arrow and wondered if it made a difference. Now I get it (Automat!
Duh.)

Many years ago, early 1960s, I interned as a police reporter for a daily
newspaper, and they wanted their writers to carry and use cameras in the
field, just in case. We were given TLRs and those Honeywell strobes that
had car batteries on shoulder straps. I shot with Rollieflexes, 'cords, and
Yashikamats during the few summers I worked there. But when I bought my
Rollei last summer I found I had no memory whatever of the details, like
how to load one. Too many years with 35 mm SLRs and RFs. But I am enjoying
the results I get with the Rollei very much.

Bill Myers