[rollei_list] Re: "different types of black boxes"

  • From: David Seifert <dseifert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 08:05:41 -0700

Hi Jerry,

Ah yes, the Ikoflex III!  A most interesting camera in its own right.
It is really interesting that Z-I didn't just make a knock-off of the
Rollei but rethought the proposition.  What they ended up with was
fascinating.  I prefer the Ikoflex IIIs "lever" advance over the crank
of the Rollei.  Better positioning of the shutter release as well. Much
faster and more ergonomic.  A couple quick flicks of the thumb and you
are ready.  To me the most fascinating thing is the parallax correcting
Albada finder.  Of course, with no eyelevel focusing mechanism it is of
marginal utility but the design is tres clever.  Another gorgeous piece
of Z-I engineering and a fine image maker too.

David