[rollei_list] Re: color in the darkroom?

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 23:21:10 -0500

At 08:03 PM 12/21/05 -0800, you wrote:
>At 07:11 PM 12/21/2005, Jaime Kopchinski wrote:
>
>>Are there many on the list doing color in the darkroom?

I have been without a chemical darkroom for three years but this will be
repaired over the next six months once our move to the Richmond VA area is
complete.  I have to do this due to my complete failure to be able to do
anything with digital.

However, I am capable of doing C41, RA-4, and Ilfochrome without a care --
this stuff is all akin to B&W work though some care to temperatures is
necessary.  I have done, though do not regularly do, E6 work, as this can
be done so cheaply off-site.  And I have some instructions for one of the
early Kodachrome processes but have no knowledge of how to do the current
form of this magnificent formulation.

So, slides I send out.  Once my darkroom is re-established, I will do C41
and RA4 stuff internally.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!