[rollei_list] Re: Triotar

  • From: J Patric Dahlén <jenspatricdahlen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 14:27:46 +0000

From: Neil:
I have read some reports on Rolleicords where they implied that anything with the Triotar lens was inadequate.
What design is the Triotar anyway? A Cooke Triplet?
I have had a 'Cord II with Triotar and I am satisfied with its performance. I am not enlarging the negatives to any extreme degree.
What are the limits of the Triotar?

Triotar is one of the best three element lenses. Sharp and contrasty. Only one of five Triotars on my Rolleicords is soft (the 3,8). For bigger enlargements than 24x24 cm I would prefer the Tessar, but each lens has it's own charm...

Btw, I posted this yesterday: http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00DnaD

/Patric

--- Rollei List