[rollei_list] Re: Status Update

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 00:17:52 -0500

At 01:20 PM 12/29/2012, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
>Marc,
>
>Sorry to hear about you injury, but importantly--- DID YOU INJURE ANY
>TORTII?

Jerry, there are two Sulcata tortoises in the corral. They live outside in our back yard during the summer but I bring them in for the winter. (Next year, I'll probably have a winter shelter built for them outside with heaters and lamps, as we rarely see the freezing point in this damned sub-tropic climate. No tortoises were injured in the making of the scene, though I probably caused the larger of them (about 60 pounds/28kg in weight) to look over, snort, and blink his beady eyes at me.

My left eye is now unbandaged but the swelling around it has affected the visual acuity a tad, so I am not spending a lot of time doing e-mail at present. It is wonderful to have binocular vision again. For two days, I had to VERY carefully go down the stairs from the second floor to the first, and I can now do that a lot more easily.

Best,

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!