[rollei_list] Rollei lens hoods

  • From: "Allan Derickson" <alland435@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:20:37 -0700

I have F&H lenshoods for both my Automat MX in bay I and my 3.5F in bay II.
The outer dimensions are identical and both fit my F&H graduated filter
holder. In addition to the original glass graduated yellow filter I cut down
a Cokin graduated grey filter to fit.

So questions: would I be correct in assuming the bay III hood would also
have the same outer dimensions?

And, for my new Rolleiwide, how about the bay IV hood? Now there are at
least 3 versions of this hood: The original F&H one produced in the sixties,
the modern one produced for the 50mm FW, and the Chinese copy sold on Ebay.
The bayonet IV hood is a stubby little thing and the only reason I can
deduce for that is to keep the same outer dimensions as the rest of the
hoods.

I contemplate buying the Chinese copy and using my graduated filter holder
to use cut down Cokin filters instead of the expensive original or B+W or
Heliopan filters in bay IV. Does anyone think that will not work?