[rollei_list] Re: Rollei lens hoods

  • From: "Allan Derickson" <alland435@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 20:38:25 -0700

Jerry,
I enjoy my work and am reasonably well paid for it however the satisfaction
I get working on my Rolleis is all out of proportion to the time I invest.

I also do all of (or almost all) of the maintenance on my vehicles.
Actually, other than oil and filter changes modern vehicles require very
maintenance - truly one of the greatest advances of our modern age. I
remember when it seemed like every couple months one was adjusting the
timing or changing the points.

Never saw the point of 6x4.5. Four more frames per roll? And you have to
tilt the camera 90 degrees if you want a portrait? Naw, not worth it over
good old 6x6.

Allan,

It is short because it is on a wide angle lens and it would intrude in
the viewfinder.  Genuine Bay IV hoods
have gone for ridiculous prices on eBay a few years ago.

Frankly, I prefer my H'blad with the 50mm f4.0 Distagon. I also have the
choice of the 6x6 or the 6x4.5
backs.

I admire your dedication to DIY philosophy.  I figure that my time is
worth what I am paid at work.  If
I can get Harry Fleenor to do it for less--- No question about it.

Jerry