[rollei_list] Old topic-P-51 Main wing spar

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:11:48 -0700

At 12:23 PM 7/8/2006 -0500, Harold Stockton wrote:

Don,

I can fully appreciate the shear manpower that it would take to replicate the P-51's wing spar, as it was made as a sheet-web main spar and an almost
equally strong rear spar to carry the ailerons and the flaps. Though simple and cheap to manufacture, repairs were nothing but expensive. Damaged wing spars meant scraping whole or half wing sections.

I hope this is some help?

Harold

This is an old topic, however I finally got a detailed answer from Rocky. Anyone who wants a copy of his response please send a note off list.

Regards,

DAW

Don Williams La Jolla, CA