[rollei_list] Re: Okay -- SL66 vs. 2.8 TLR

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:29:22 -0700

Jeff,

I don't think so!  The mass of the glass is due to the need for retrofocus
for normal and wide angle lenses.  Ya gotta clear the flopping  mirror.

Lenses for FP shutter equipped cameras can be faster than lenses
limited by between the lens shutters, thus bigger.

There is no "hidden goodness" there.

Jerry