[rollei_list] Re: OT "the price of gasoline"" (was: Cost of LF (was: Austin has Unsubscribed))

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:07:20 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ardeshir Mehta" <ardeshir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 12:11 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT "the price of gasoline"" (was:
Cost of LF (was: Austin has Unsubscribed))

> On Thursday, April 21, 2005, at 01:23  PM, Bob Shell
> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, April 21, 2005, at 01:00  PM, Ardeshir Mehta
>> wrote:
>>
>>> But then again IS fossil fuel really from fossils? Prof.
>>> Gold of
>>> Cornell University, with whom I briefly corresponded a
>>> while back,
>>> says no - and I tend to believe him.
>>
>> I tend to agree.  But even if it comes from deep-dwelling
>> organisms,
>> it takes a long time to replenish what we pump out.
>>
>> Bob
>
> Yes. I feel that bio-renewable energy is the way to go.
>
> Unless, of course, we can make Patrick et al.'s patent, or
> one of
> Naudin's inventions, on a mass scale, and extract energy
> from the
> vacuum! (See US patent No. 6,362,718 B1 dated March 26,
> 2002, available
> as a .pdf file from
> <http://www.aw-verlag.ch/Others/Bearden%20-
> %20MotionlessElectromagneticGenerator.pdf> for the former,
> and
> <http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/2magpup.htm> and
> <http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/mppprop.htm> for the latter.)

   Any US patent may be gotten from the United States Patent
and Trademark office at http://www.uspto.gov   Full text and
fairly complex searches are possible for patents issued
after 1976. Older patents can be searched by patent number
only. They are available as Type-4 Fax TIFF images for which
you need a plug-in. The best freeware plugin is Alternatiff,
available at http://www.alternatiff.com   Versions are
available for Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox and
others.

   The above patent looks to me like just another perpetual
motion machine since it claims to generate electricity with
no input of external power. Perhaps I am missing something
but the laws of physics don't seem to have changed any in
recent years so, if power is coming out it has to be going
in somewhere, the laws of thermodynamics require this. This
would not be the first patent issued for something that
violated the laws of physics.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA