[rollei_list] Re: OT: Marc's Non Leitz LTM lenses book

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 01:52:16 -0400

At 07:49 PM 8/5/2010, CarlosMFreaza wrote:

>Your book also has data about very rare lenses and shows very nice
>photographs on cameras and lenses and accesories, the endnotes have
>interesting info very much.-

I had to beat the late Charlie Barringer bloody to get the details on the various versions of the Zeiss Ikon reflex housings. "WHY do you want to know this?" y-clept he, spoken like a collector. "Charlie, you have these in your hands. Give me the details" and, eventually, he did so. The rest was easy. Pace, good friend.

That book was a true labor of love. There are a few things I would change today but, not much. And almost all of the pictures were made by yrs trly, a reference Jerry Lehrer will get.

It was a totally different universe when I wrote that book. I do not know that I shall ever write another which has so much of my soul in it. In the end, it ended up a multi-national event.

Again, Carlos, thanks for your very kind words.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!