[rollei_list] Re: OT: Antiques Roadshow... Photography Edition

  • From: Chris Burck <chris.burck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:06:28 -0400

$200m seems like a wildly optimistic estimate for 65 negs.  they seem to be
basing that figure, on the one hand, on the potential revenues to be made,
over time, on the sale of posters and prints.  but on the other, they
reference the $700k+ sale of one of adams' prints, as though that somehow
factored in the calculus.  which makes no sense to me, because no print or
poster they sell (assuming their venture goes forward), will ever be able to
carry the claim of being an adams print.

as far as the legality/copyright issues, i haven't a clue.  intellectual
property rights are a huge grey area.  but i don't see why the guy couldn't
do it, assuming authenticity could be proved.