[rollei_list] Re: "New" enlarging lens

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:11:32 -0600

At 04:20 PM 2/27/2011, you wrote:
I managed to win an auction for a Schneider-Kreuznach Componon f5.6 80mm enlarging lens. According to the serial number it's from around 1960. I paid $17.95 as the only bidder. It is all chrome. My present lens is a f4.5 75mm S-K Comparon that I bought new as a starving student in 1970. It appears to be black anodized aluminum. 99% of my prints are 8x10 or less and the Comparon does fine. I'm hoping the Componon will be better for the occasional 16x20. I can't remember what I paid for the Comparon. I just know that at the time I couldn't afford the Componon.

Allan

The Componon was on my wish list to replace the Comparon that came with my Omega B-22, also bought during my student days. Sadly, I had to leave the enlarger behind when we moved because I couldn't find a good home for it.

Thhe Comparon was an excellent lens and I used to make nice enlargements with it, using a drop-table I made. The B-22 XL (whatever it was called) would have been a better choice, only difference was a longer stand.

DAW